- This event has passed.
A Spirited Holiday Past
December 4, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Bellefontaine Cemetery and Arboretum is proud to participate in Historic Saint Louis’ annual “A Spirited Holiday Past.” Join us at the cemetery this Saturday, December 4th, from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in the Historic Hotchkiss Chapel. We will have re-enactors wearing era-appropriate attire, special programing throughout the day, two fire pits, holidays music, and roasted Chestnuts grown on our 314-acre accredited Arboretum.
Special “Walks and Talks”:
We will have guided general and iconography outdoor walking tours and seated video presentations indoors from which you can choose.
Each of the guided walks will be one hour over less than a mile of light terrain.
The general walks will focus on historical stories, architecture, and some iconography.
The iconography walks will focus on the imagery/symbols and their meanings.
- Iconography Outdoor Walking Tour, 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- General Outdoor Walking Tour, 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Mayors of St. Louis Indoor Presentation, 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Iconography Walking Tour, 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- World War I Veterans Indoor Presentation, 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Iconography Outdoor Walking Tour, 2:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- General Outdoor Walking Tour, 2:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- 1904 World’s Fair Indoor Presentation, 3:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Space is limited for these walks and talks. To sign up for one of these special events, please email Dan Fuller and let him know which event you would like to attend.
This free holiday event will be something the whole family can enjoy. We hope to see you here!